A Note from WTU Retail Energy on Coronavirus
COVID-19 - Online Resources
Your safety and peace of mind is of utmost importance to us. We at WTU Retail Energy want to let you know that we are committed to you and to ensuring that we continue to power your home, no matter how extreme the weather or circumstance.
Like you, we have been closely monitoring reports and guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Rest assured that we have taken action and our team is fully prepared to ensure that we continue to provide the energy and services you expect and deserve from us.
Support for Affected Customers
We're here to support our customers affected by the COVID-19 situation. Please make note of the following updates:
- COVID-19 Relief Program: Any financial benefits you may have received on your bills as part of the Texas Public Utility Commission's COVID-19 Relief Program will end on September 30, 2020.
- WTU Retail Energy has provided disconnection protection for consumers who have been approved for the COVID-19 Electricity Relief Program. However, this disconnection protection will expire after September 30, 2020.
- Deferred Payment Plan: You can set up a formal arrangement with us to pay an outstanding electric bill in installments. Call 1-844-742-1330 to get started.
- Payment Extensions:Get a short-term extension of the due date for the full payment of your past-due balance. Call 1-844-742-1330 to get started.
- Neighbor-to-Neighbor:Contact the local community action agency in your area for assistance paying your electric bill.
- COVID-19 Relief Program: The Texas PUC has set up a bill assistance program for customers impacted by COVID-19. Please call 866-454-8387 and press option 1 for more information and to check eligibility.
- Pay Your Bill
- View Past Bills
- Manage Payment Methods
- Enroll in Auto Pay
- Renew Your Plan
- Transfer Your Service
If you're experiencing financial hardship at this time, the following options are available to you:
Shopping for Electricity?
Online Account Manager
To save you time and give you flexibility, your Online Account Manager is available 24/7 to help you manage your account anytime, anywhere on any device. It's your one-stop shop for making a payment, viewing past bills, and more:
If you haven't set up your online account yet, we encourage you to do so - it is quick and easy.
Make a One-Time Payment
One-Time Payment: Our fastest payment method!
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our frequently asked questions on billing, outages, our services and more.
Get in touch with our dedicated support team by sending a message via our contact us page.
With the increased potential of staying home during the day and warmer weather on the way, it’s never been a better time to be more conscious of home energy usage. Texas customers can register on the Smart Meter Texas website to help monitor their energy use in real time.
For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov or your local health department website.
Especially during these times, energy for your home and all the things that depend on it is critical. Please make sure all of your contact information is up-to-date so that we can keep you informed and updated. Also, enroll in auto-pay and e-bill to save yourself time, provide peace-of-mind and give yourself one less thing to do.
We’re proud to serve you and your family and hope you stay safe during this time. Thank you for being a WTU Retail Energy customer.