How does a Deferred Payment Plan work with WTU?
A Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) is an agreement between WTU and you as our customer that helps you pay off an outstanding balance in installments.
There are five criteria you must meet before you can sign up for a DPP:
- No Insufficient Funds payments in the last 30 days;
- No more than two (2) Insufficient Funds payments on your account in the last 12 months;
- No Broken Payment Extensions in the last 90 days;
- No Broken DPP's in the last six (6) months; and
- Make the required 50% down payment.
WTU can only create a DPP for your full overdue balance, and while a DPP can be set up for two to five installments, all the installments must be for equal amounts.
Once you're on a DPP, your balance on your bill will show as "past due" until the DPP is paid completely in full. Also, you must keep paying your normal monthly bills while also paying your monthly DPP.
If you want to learn more about a DPP with WTU, please call Customer Service at 1-888-305-3828.